8.25.2012

It happened!

Well girls, I can finally say it. The beau proposed and I said ...

YES!

It happened on Tuesday, August 21st. I was definitely NOT expecting it at all. 

Brian and I had been emailing & calling each other all day just about some stuff that was going on. The last time I called him, he sounded really irritated. He told me he got slammed with some work stuff and was just really busy. I thought nothing of it because his work can get extremely busy a lot of times. 

5 o'clock rolls around and I book it out of work. I was just ready to hurry up and get home and get some stuff done. I get home and am rushing to get in the apartment so I can let Gopher out. I do this everyday without fail. So I unlock and open the door and it is dark in our apartment. There are candles EVERYWHERE. Then I notice that there are glow in the dark stars in like a path on the ceiling to my room. I walk into the hall way and all the love notes/cards I had ever written B are on the walls and doors. I knew exactly what was happening and was FREAKING OUT in my head.

I opened my door and he was there with Gopher (who helped him out with moral support -- he was nervous). He gave me his shpeal and got down on one knee. I started crying of course and freaked out!! 

It was a whirlwind that night. We had lots of calls to make and lots of texts to answer. 

To say that I am excited is an understatement. 

I will be sure to keep y'all as updated as possible with everything. I am already freaking out trying to figure everything out. I may or may not do things out of order sometimes. Oops!

So I know y'all are dying for pictures so here are two. The camera phone does not do my ring justice. I may be biased, but I have never ever seen something sparkle so much. 




That's all for today, ladies!

We are off to a wedding in Clemson tonight. Lord help us with all those Clemmie's! J/K
Can you tell we're both Gamecocks??

xoxo,
H

1 comment :

Lifes-A-Blog... said...

Congratulations!! That ring is fabulous! Can't wait to keep on reading your blog...up to the current date of course and see all the pretty pictures of your wedding planning!

Blog Design by Get Polished