1.22.2018

Savory Monday: Crack Potatoes

Good Monday morning friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Ours was mostly gray and overcast. We did a whole lot of nothing which I was totally fine with. We have been spending our days just soaking up the last 2 months of just us before baby boy arrives.

Let's get right down to it, shall we? I found this recipe from vlogger, Mallory Ervin/Dimeola. If you aren't following her on Insta, do yourself a favor, and GO. FOLLOW. HER. She is hilarious as his her husband. They keep me in stitches, and I wish she was my BFF in real life. HA! So this is a side that I have cooked probably 4 times in the last, let's say week and a half to two weeks. We call them crack potatoes because that's what they are. They are easy, and there probably won't be leftovers. #Truth


Ingredients
  • One bag of small golden round potatoes
  • One whole bulb of garlic
  • 2-3 TBS butter
  • EVOO
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 375. While your oven is preheating, boil potatoes WHOLE for about 10 minutes until they are tender (you can stick a fork in them easily). Once done boiling, drain and cut them in half and place on lined cooking sheet. You can use a baking liner like this one or just some parchment paper will do as well. Take your whole bulb of garlic & cut off just the top so the cloves inside are exposed. I usually will also peel off some of the extra skin too. Place that on the baking pan as well. I then drizzle about 2 TBS of EVOO over the pan, sprinkle in some sea salt & pepper and make sure all the potatoes are evenly coated. It doesn't hurt to get a little EVOO on your garlic bulb either. Then put those bad boys into the oven for approximately 35 minutes. Once they are done baking, put your bulb of garlic in the fridge so it can cool. I usually let it sit in there for about 5 minutes or so. Put your 2-3 TBS of butter in a small bowl and melt in the microwave. Once melted, pull that garlic bulb out of the fridge and squeeze the garlic cloves into the melted butter. You will take a fork and mix that butter/garlic combo together and mash the cloves even more. Pour over your potatoes, coat evenly and VOILA! You can thank me later. It may sound like a lot, but I PROMISE it's not

Let me know what y'all think about this when you try it. It was an INSTANT favorite in our house and I am sure it will be in yours too. Enjoy!

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished